Friday, September 28, 2012

PANDAS UPDATE

     Everett has been on antibiotics for about a week now and he seems to be doing better.  I would definitely say that this episode is much milder. No nail biting, calmer moments, and he is able to hold it together in school.  Almost makes me wonder if this was a false alarm..Dr. K said that each episode will be unique. Some better, some worse.  This time around it was more behavioral. Intense tantrums pretty much around the clock and over everything. Some mild OCD quirks: stair climbing over and over for about 1 1/2 hours at a time non-stop. The stair climbing has already abated.  I wonder if the reason this episode was so mild is because we know what we are dealing with now and caught it quick and put him on antibiotics.

     In hindsight, I think his past episodes were going on a long time before we realized it was something more then high-strung behavior. As the kids grow older, I think it is easier to catch because their is  higher expectations regarding behavior. What you would see as normal in a two year old would stand out in a seven year old.

     Anyway, as of right now, Everett seems to be on the mend. We always keep our fingers crossed.

     Goodnight, QAnnie

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome feedback on how I can make my site better. :)